As someone of Irish heritage I cherish every visit to the old sod! I enjoy the people, the food and even the weather but what I enjoy most is the pubs!
I have made over 20 trips to Ireland for both business and leisure and I always find the time to revisit my favorite pubs while also searching for hidden gems!
My favorite pubs range from centuries old landmarks to more recent dives!
Without further adieu here are my 12 favorite pubs in Dublin the captivating capital of Ireland!
- McDaid’s: this classic example of an Irish Pub is tucked away right off Grafton street. You will find welcoming staff and a great pint! Perfect for guests of the Westbury Hotel.
- Kehoe’s: this pub is also right off of Grafton Street. They stay open relatively late for that “one last drink”! It is crowded most nights with a cross section of locals and tourists of all ages!
- The Brazen Head: Ireland’s oldest pub is a must visit for any pub aficionado!
- The Stags Head: this classic city center pub is a great spot to enjoy some traditional Irish music.
- Mary’s Bar and Hardware: this quirky spot on Wicklow is a hybrid pub and hardware store! Definitely try to visit during an Irish music session.
- Toners: this traditional pub on Baggott Street was frequented by Yeats who favored the beautiful snug! Today this pub often hosts celebrities from around the world.
- John Kavanagh: this pub is a bit removed from the tourist center but located near the National Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin. It is worth the trip to enjoy a true locals pub!
- Arthur’s Pub: this authentic pub complete with a real turf fire is located nearby the Guinness Storehouse! Check it out before or after your visit to the brewery.
- The Long Hall: one of Dublin’s oldest pubs. The Long Hall is nearby the St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Do not miss this pub!
- Palace Bar: this Victorian pub is another great city center offering!
- The Ferryman: this pub has become a favorite for office workers in the Docklands though it predates the surrounding office buildings! Stop in for a great pint if you are down by the Quays!
- Becky Morgan’s: this city center south institution offers wonderful pub food and a great atmosphere!
Ready for your pub crawl? Book your travel now!