These days more and more people are able to work from home which makes the prospect of converting unused space into a dedicated home office attractive! A great home office should have the following characteristics:
* Privacy: you need to be able to shut out distractions – yes that includes family – and focus on your work!
* Quiet: you need to be able to fully participate in any telephone calls without the seemingly ever present barking dog or kids that invade every conference call!
* Organization: you need to be able to file away completed work or reference material and quickly access any needed documents.
* Brainstorming Space: I do my best creative work at home – away from the constant interruption of the office. For that reason I value a comfortable place to sit and ponder new ideas.
Below are some inspirational home offices sourced from Pinterest! Use these as inspiration to get your project started!
If you are looking for more help Look here to start
- Shelves: these modular shelves can transform any space into a great home office!
- Antique desk: if you are looking for a conversation piece consider these antique desks. I prefer mid century modern!
- Desk: if an antique isn’t your thing consider a hybrid standing desk!
- Chairs: do not skimp on the chair if you plan to work in this space often! I prefer mid century modern or ergonomic.
- Whiteboard/Organizer: stay organized and get your brainstorm on with these whiteboards and wall organizers!
- Dual Monitors: if you are used to working on multiple screens at the office you should try to replicate that at home. This product helps!