A dream man cave is the perfect addition to any home! I love spending time with my wife and kids, honestly it’s my favorite thing to do. However, every man sometimes needs space and time to just relax on his own or with his buddies. The best way to get this space as a father of young kids is to create an oasis of manliness within your own home. This dream man cave will give you a place to escape to after a long day of work. The space itself doesn’t matter so much – it can be a garage, basement, attic or den – however it should be dedicated to the man of the house.
No matter what your hobbies or interests are every good man cave needs comfortable seating, a solid entertainment system, decor, and a means to store and serve for your favorite beverages. I have gathered some inspiration below in the hopes I will get to convert my attic to my own dream man cave!
Minimally a man cave needs comfortable seating so that the man of the house can fall asleep while watching golf or football on a Sunday afternoon. Ideally, a dream man cave will afford enough comfy seating for a few friends (or even the family) to comfortably lounge.
This leather recliner certainly classes up the cave.
A large sectional adds plenty of room for friends to enjoy a game or even spend the night in a pinch.
Finally, it can be nice to sit at a pub style table for a game.
Decorating your dream man cave is a fairly personal choice and in my opinion you cannot go wrong. I would categorize the various styles as follows:
- Sports – this is your space so show off your love for the local teams or the alma mater. I have linked to some pieces I love below.
[Red Sox Photos](Sox Photos)
Red Sox Inspiration
Even Yankees fans need Decor for their man caves – [Yankees Photos](Yankees Photos)
Amazon offers so many sports photos – take a look for your favorite team.
- Bar Decor – this is where you can show your affinity for a beer or liquor. Vintage signs and lights can almost be considered classy.
- Vintage beer advertising can be a really cool addition to your man cave! Simply search for your preferred brand! [Beer Signs](Beer Paraphenlia)
- Neon Signs can also brighten up your space! [selection of neon signs ](Beer Neon Signs)
- “Classy” – if you want to keep the room more understated photographs of places you have visited or love can be great. I favor black and white photos. Art.com, Minted and [Amazon](Black and White Photos) all offer great options! Frames from Target or Amazon can be inexpensive so it may be more budget friendly to purchase an unframed photo and get the frame separately.
Perhaps the most important ingredient in a dream man cave is the ability to store and imbibe in your favorite booze. In a smaller man cave this might simply be a bar cart and a mini fridge. However, given the space you could potentially create your own personal pub! Below are some links to inspiration!
- Bar Carts – bar Carts double as both a storage and serving piece for your liquor collection!
- Kegerator – the perfect way to serve ice cold beer without the hassles of bottles.
Obviously, the dream man cave requires a massive screen for sports, movies and or video games. Below is some ideas to get the juices flowing:
- Large Screen Television – if you don’t go with a projector you will want to buy the largest screen television that you can – from both a price and space perspective.