Whiskey gift ideas do not have to be difficult or expensive! Do you have a whiskey or scotch lover on your gift list? Well, consider yourself lucky! Gift giving to scotch or whiskey aficionados is actually super easy.
Whiskey Gift Ideas: Bottles
Consider this – most whiskey lovers would be thrilled with a new bottle of their favorite type of whiskey!
Scotch can be intimidating between the terminology and the variety. Don’t worry about all that – ask the staff at your local liquor store for a gift worthy scotch at your price point. Single Malt, aged scotches tend to cost more.
- Bourbon is an American Whiskey – typically sweeter than the smoky scotch. Look for bourbons aged over 5 years. The price point is typically more approachable than scotch. Works well in many cocktails.
- Irish Whisky is sweeter and smoother than scotch. It’s great neat or in an Irish coffee!
- Japanese whisky was originally made with the intent to copy scotch as closely as possible. This has led to some truly fine products from Japan. Japanese whisky makes a great gift for an adventurous lover of scotch.
- Canadian Whisky makes for a great cocktail – aged for a minimum of 3 years in wooden barrels the Canadian contribution often has caramel tones.
Gift Club Subscriptions
Another way to help your loved one try new whiskeys is through one of the various “Of the Month” clubs! These are often customizable so you can get all types of whiskeys or a specific category!
Whiskey Gift Ideas: has Accessories and Gadgets
Alternatively, there are a wide variety of cool gadgets and accessories designed to improve the whiskey experience. These are great ideas for the person who has everything!
- Whiskey Stones and Rocks Glass Set – for those who don’t want to dilute their scotch with melting ice whiskey Stones will keep your drink chilled.
- Waterford Decanter – these rocks glasses and decanter will wow your guests as you serve scotch on Style.
Spherical Ice Cube Maker – this set enables a scotch lover to cool their drink with restaurant style spherical ice!
Many guys would be thrilled to receive a great book on scotch like this The Scotch Whisky Masterclass
Whiskey Gift Ideas: Experiences
Finally, consider gifting an experience! For someone who has a large collection of bottles and isn’t one for gadgets try to find an experience that can be shared with loved ones!
An epic trip to Scotland for scotch tasting or a scotch flight at a local steakhouse might make great gifts!